Monday, October 25, 2010

Now: The Keys To Success!




Next in my journey through music, comes the latest story about fame. My wife Dee is playing a game called Farmville on Facebook. I don’t have time for such games. So I thought. Instead, I signed up for Reverbnation. I saw that some musicians that I knew were on it. After signing up, I found out what a “hub” for the music world it is. You upload your music easily and it can be shared with My Space, Twitter, and Facebook with the click of a button!. This is where I came across the thing called a “widget”. I started placing them everywhere I could, which is something like planting “bugs” in your neighbor’s apartment. It shares your latest songs with a click and also records the play in your “secret log” on Reverbnation. I am not saying that Reverbnation is bad, (I like it!) but you have to remember it really is the game I call “Fameville”. There are rules. Rules you ask? Oh, yes. I get emails from RVN (That’s what the musicians call it.) that tell me how I am doing and when someone wants to become a fan. I got a fan request from Slovakia. The contents of the email was surprising. It had “secret information” hidden in it about how to move higher on the charts on RVN! I am checking things out and I will write more as I learn the “secret rules” of etiquette of RVN. I did move from an obscure #227 for Louisville to # 36 today. Thanks to my “real” fans, not tricks. I am not doing many of things suggested in the email, because I want to see how I do on my own. I do realize that RVN is made up of lots of musicians. (It is like going to an art show opening and seeing that the crowd is mostly other artists or family.) But, I don’t know how many listeners are non-musicians. The CHART really is not like the old Top 40 of the radio days. The chart rating doesn’t help you write songs or pay the bills, although you are supposed to get “a piece of the action” (cash) if you do well. Please visit my site and become a fan to help me out. (My commercial message.) More later, Rock and Roll Grandpa Chuck

No comments:

Post a Comment