Sunday, July 25, 2010

Movin' from high school to the woods

I played (auditioned) one time with a garage rock band. They were looking for a lead and my friend wanted me to try out because I had an electric guitar. Problem was, I didn't know how to play lead guitar! I did hear some hear some great music during the riots at my school in San Bernardino. We went on vacation to Oregon and my family (including me) stayed there. I never went back at all! Bye old friends and the SoCal music scene! I stripped the stripes (try saying that fast.)off my Silvertone and brush varnished it. It looked terrible, so I got a 12 a Harmony string and continued to play and learn guitar (on my own) as I went in a small college. I was also getting deeper it painting and pottery. I was an art education major but didn't want to teach. I changed my major at the last minute to The Arts:Art Music and Drama. I always do things backwards! I took some music classes and was in the concert choir. My voice was fried after a full day of classes. It was hard to believe that I was majoring in voice. I didn't play any real instruments except guitar, so voice was it. I couldn't learn or play many of the popular songs of the late 60's and early 70's so...I started writing my own! I thought that they had been thrown out. But, as you will learn later, I still have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment