Saturday, July 31, 2010

Then:Cruizin' Back in Time

So.... I bought a little 64 Chevy from a student because he had bought a better car and needed the money. Yes, I paid a fair price. I do have ethics. We saw a bunch of old cars at a drive in Salem, so we stopped and walked around to look at them. The cruizers told us that they met there every Saturday night. We shined up the old Chevy and went to our first cruize-in. We had the wrong kind of chairs(old school aluminum) and found out that you need to back in to be cool. Let me tell you that backing any car in to a space at a crowded cruize-in with super expensive classic cars next to you is not relaxing! We had a great time livin' in the American Graffiti movie and left with the fifty-fifty cash. I didn't know what the 50/50 was until that first cruise. I won it. $86? We also met our future friends and heard about the local Chevy car club.

No comments:

Post a Comment