Monday, July 26, 2010

Then: Better get back to the woods...

After college, I got totally into pottery making. I made my own kilns and struggled through the Great Oregon Gas Shortage to get supplies. The clay and water made guitar playing more difficult. I sold pottery at art fairs and married the manager of one of them-Dee. We moved to the mountains to a the town of Sisters. I made pottery(no money) while Dee cooked (made money) at a restaurant. I learned to train and drive a sled dog team and entered races. Not much guitar playing at this time. Mostly, small town living. Parenting and a move back to the Valley and a little teaching came next. I finally got a certificate and a Master's and taught Junior High, High school and evening college classes for 30 years until I retired in 2007. During this time I also built a house and continued to play a little guitar at times. I bought a classic 64 Chevy from a student and then.....

No comments:

Post a Comment