Friday, August 20, 2010

NOW: Song For Rachel


After reading another, "Nashville is a commercial music hole "article, I had a song pop into my head. I had thought about writing about the streets of Nashville, but I had only been there once (so far) and didn't really "know" it first hand. It was in winter and it was very cold, not the tourist season for sure. I did see the grim side of Nashville. I remembered visiting the home and graves of Andrew Jackson and his "disputed" wife Rachel (Who cares if they were married.They were in love.). I had a little song and movie story in my head about a song writer who visited Rachel's grave and was comforted somehow. He kept going back until he finally sang a song to her one winter day. He then left Nashville and returned to his home and his love. He found his musical voice in his true home. What I wrote is not a Rock and Roll song, but it says something. It is called "A Song For Rachel". I don't know if I will record it. I like singing it. Maybe I will sing it for her myself someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment