Friday, August 6, 2010

Then: The Club

I won the 50/50 and the person who counted out the cash was our good friend to be Karla. She was with the local Chevy club and it turned out that we joined up. I told my wife Dee, that I would really like to have a 1958 Chevy like my old high school days, if I could ever find one. Next thing you know we found and bought one. We then proceeded to buy and sell classic cars for several years (I think 15 cars?). We were living in the "American Graffiti" dream and I heard old Rock and Roll at each cruise-in. We had always listened to Oldies, but we had been listening to the Grunge Music that came out in the 1990's . The music in the 1990's was so boring! Grunge was alive and fresh. We went to see Nirvana and Sound Garden. But the car club got me back to the Oldies. I hardly ever played my Washburn guitar that I had had for many years. No time. We really enjoyed the car club and we made great friends and actually became "social" and more outgoing. As I retired from teaching I found that I had time to play my guitar, which I had told myself I was going to do. Then one night I had had a few beers and was playing my guitar (poorly, because I had almost lost my skills and my calluses.) when I heard a song in my head...

No comments:

Post a Comment