Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Then:Trying to record


So, after the song "Old School" was written, I played it for my wife Dee. She was surprised that I could write songs, but said she liked it. I was thinking about old Rock and Roll songs and how every time they tried to put on a "sock hop" at a car show very few people wanted to dance. The song "It's Time to Rock and Roll" just fell out of my guitar along with other songs. Songs would come to me while I was mowing the lawn or doing other things like emptying the house to sell. We decided to sell and downsize, so I was busy fixing and cleaning daily. I kept playing guitar, but the echo was getting louder, because we had put may things into a storage unit to help with the house sale. We kept cruising our cars, but the possibility of a bigger move to be with Liam meant the classic cars must go. I wanted to save the melodies of my songs so that I could play them later. I needed to record them. I found a little microphone that came with my son Colin's Spanish program and tried to record. The echo and short cord small mic and no experience lead to primitive song recordings. But, I was getting my songs down. My fingers were getting sore because I was playing daily, but songs about the past began to pour out! The 57 Chevy wagon was mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment