Sunday, August 22, 2010

Now: The Wick's Virgin Experience

Well, I decided to go to Wick's pizza in Louisville to see what an open mic night is. I didn'yt bring my guitar, because I know nothing about it business and wanted to see what it is all about. We got there and nobody was in the bar except for the Mic Night Host and a friend. Nice guys. Everyone was at the State fair. I talked to John the host and he told me how things worked. I told him I wrote songs and have never tried performing. I said that I didn't have my guitar with me. Guess what? They have a house guitar there! Rats! He signed me up as the second act. He then broke a string on a warm up song. I thought that I was off the hook to perform until he said that he lived next door an would get another guitar. Fate??? I waited until he finished his songs and then it was my turn. After three trips to the bathroom and some beer I was on. A few people had come in to perform and listen. I stood up at the mic and played two of my songs. Good thing I had practiced like Tim had told me! I did ok and wasn't nervous, just worried about messing up. they actually appaulded. They invited me to come back and perform again. I will practice "Big Time" before I do. I don't want to sound bad. Crazzzzy!

1 comment: